Breadtopia Award Nomination

Well, how about this. I received an email from Saveur yesterday informing me that Breadtopia has been nominated in their 1st Annual Best Food Blog Awards (Most Innovative Video Content category)!

Saveur is a hugely popular foodie site, so I figured I’d embark on a shameless self promotions campaign and see how I fare.

If you have a minute to spare, I’d be mighty grateful if you’d cast a vote our way.

If you aren’t already a member of Saveur, registration is required in order to vote. When registering, you can uncheck the 2 boxes authorizing receipt of emails if you like, or opting out later is easy enough also. So nothing is too insidious about the process.

Here’s a direct link to the category we’re in: http://www.saveur.com/contest_bow.jsp?ID=1000011143

Darrell July 28, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Just a note to let you know that your site should have won the award. Your videos are genuine and make me want to bake that bread. Keep doing what you are doing the way you do it.
I have refered many people to your site as a way to start on baking bread and they all say that you make it look easy and accessable. Food Wishes is too slick and polished and the voice over drives me nuts.
Thanks Eric

flowerp March 28, 2010 at 11:16 am

Congratulations and very well deserved. I just voted for you. Good luck. Hope you win big. Your videos are great!

Rosemarie March 24, 2010 at 8:04 am

I just want to say how pleased I am with all of your bread. I have been baking with this method for a few years and I love the simplicity of it. I am Italian and usually believe the more work you put into baking bread the better it will taste. That is not so with these breads.
I hosted a soup and bread luncheon (20 people) for the Easter season at our church. I made 3 loaves of bread, white, whole wheat, and olive. When it was finished and after hearing many many raves a visiting Pastor came into the kitchen and asked if I would make him some of this bread and he would pay me for it. I thanked him and refused his offer but what a feeling to make something so good that one would actually pay for it.
I see no reason to go anywhere else to find my recipes you have the best and with all the variations you cannot be beat.
Thanks for being here for us.

Greg Mann March 22, 2010 at 8:06 am

Hey Eric,
Came bye today to get a nudge on what bread I might bake today… ;o) I got inspired about 6 months ago after watching your videos and have been bread making several time a week ever since. I prefer the low yeast refrigerated dough types baked in a pot type.
Voted for Breadtopia on Saveur’s site.
-=Greg=-

ItalyLovers March 21, 2010 at 6:07 pm

That is so exciting. And well deserved. I voted for you!

Ros March 5, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Does anyone have a recipie for Italian-style ring bread (pane di casa)? It’s an open-textured white bread, baked on a flat surface; not a high-rise deal. I can buy it, sometimes, but I’d prefer making it. I don’t care if the recipie is traditional-rise or no-knead.
Thanks!