Return of the Blob

Or, sourdough looking to fulfill its destiny.

How many of you have opened your fridge to something like this? I think it just might be ready for baking.

Thanks to Lisa of Alaska’s Golden Spoon for thinking of me when she found this fine video.

Perla Y. Wee April 15, 2011 at 11:32 am

When I was watching the video I saw the item that I’ve looking for. The lady was using a manual grinder while she was grinding the green stuff. In the Philippines they use this to grind roasted cocoa. Where can I buy this in USA? I need to make a dessert that requires the fermented rice grounded just like what the lady was doing. Can you help me find the source of this manual grinder?

Thank you so much.

Don March 15, 2011 at 6:11 pm

That is absolutely hilarious. I do not know what is better – the visual, the music, or the text commentary. Totally classic! Thanks for sharing. Time to make some bread!

Tricia March 10, 2011 at 10:32 pm

ROFL!! This is what was in my fridge on Day 2 of learning to play with their starter, what a riot! I cut it in half, re-fed it according to directions and its now the Return of the Blob, Act 2! This is going to be so much fun! Sourdough rye is proofing!

Elaine1809 February 16, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Thats what I am talking about!!! my starters have never done that!! what am i doing wrong???????i baked with one, a few months ago and the dough rose. but the starter never did that, not even close : (

Melody January 25, 2011 at 10:27 am

I had that happen to my starter a week or two ago! I kept hearing this thick pfiss sound, then I finally found the source, and not one, but TWO jars of starter were actively overflowing all over my stovetop! I cleaned it up, and then 1/2 hour later, it overflowed double the amount that I just cleaned up (and I had cleaned up about 1/4 cup each). That taught me not to over-feed for the size of the jar…

Dorothy January 19, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Oh My!!!!! That video is GREAT… I can only hope that my starter looks half that good… I never knew that it could move like that… Thanx