Brød & Taylor Folding Bread Proofer and Yogurt Maker
"I was doubtful at first about the utility of this bread proofer. More often than not I'm looking to cool my dough to prolong the fermentation. Skepticism turned to praise when the Brød & Taylor proofer rescued me on numerous occasions when I needed to speed fermentation to meet a late bread baking request.
Plus it's no longer a nuisance when a recipe calls for steady proofing at an exact temperature which doesn't happen to exist in our household. I became an even bigger fan when I got into yogurt making where temperature control is crucial. I love that I can make up to 4 quarts of yogurt with this proofer just as easily as with my now obsolete yogurt maker and its dinky cups.
It's a well designed and easy to use multi functional appliance." — Eric
The key to many kitchen processes such as bread-rising, yogurt-making, and creating healthy probiotic foods like sauerkraut and kefir is accurate, reliable low temperature control. Professionals invest thousands of dollars in space-consuming commercial proofing ovens, but until now there has been no comparable product for home kitchens.
The Brød & Taylor Folding Proofer offers home cooks something they’ve never had before — complete control, foolproof temperature management, and predictable results. It’s a convenient fold-out box that is easy to use (it will accommodate a full-sized mixing bowl of dough or loaf pans) and is convenient to store out of the way when not in use.
Radiant heat is generated by the aluminum base plate. Digital controls provide temperature settings from 70-120ºF (21 – 49C). Optionally, humidity may be increased by using the included water tray. The Proofer is calibrated to maintain the temperature of its contents at the set point, not just the air inside. This is an invaluable baking tool, particularly for those who live in cooler climates.
- Anodized aluminum heating plate.
- Temperature range: 70 – 120°F (21 – 49C).
- Stainless steel wire rack. Aluminum water tray (typical humidity 60-80%).
- Reinforced polypropylene body; clear window.
- All removable parts are dishwasher safe.
- All parts store inside Proofer when folded.
- Limited one year warranty.
- Inside (open): 15” x 12 ½” x 8 ½” high (38 cm x 32 cm x 22 cm high)
- Outside (open): 18” x 14 ½” x 10 ½” high (46 cm x 37 cm x 27 cm high)
- Outside (closed): 18” x 14 ½” x 2 ¾” high (46 cm x 37 cm x 6.5 cm high)
- Weight: 7 lbs. (3.2 kg)
Low Energy Usage: At the most common proofing temperatures, the bread proofer is very efficient and has the following approximate energy usage:
- 80-86 degrees F = 10 Watts per hour
- 90 degrees F = 20 Watts per hour
- 95-110 degrees F = 40-70 Watts per hour
- 120 degrees F = 96 Watts per hour