The ChefAlarm by ThermoWorks is designed to withstand the demands of the commercial kitchen, and offers features otherwise unavailable to the home baker. A “high alarm” will sound when food reaches your chosen maximum setting, and a “low alarm” will sound thanks to the ChefAlarm’s first-of-its-kind low temperature setting (useful when making yogurt or cooking cold foods). The alarm unit can be used while mounted on any magnetic surface, or it can be placed on the kitchen counter.
From the factory the ChefAlarm reads within ±2º F, and can be calibrated to an accuracy of better than ±1º F.
The ChefAlarm uses Pro-Series® High Temp Cooking Probes for the fastest and most accurate readings possible. Reads temperature in just 5 seconds. The Pro-Series High Temp Cooking Probes are more moisture-resistant than other alarm probes on the market. They measure to 572ºF with a cable that withstands 700ºF short-term exposure.
The ChefAlarm includes the timer unit, one Pro-Series High Temp Cooking Probe, SST Probe Clip, Operating Instructions, and a Padded Zip Wallet that neatly holds everything.
- Splash-proof design for commercial kitchens
- Uses Pro-Series® temperature probes
- Includes Pro-Series High Temp Cooking Probe with cable to 700°F max temp
- Cable length: 47 inches
- Adjustable high and low alarms
- Always-on Min & Max temperatures
- Adjustable volume to 92dB (4 settings)
- Includes count-down and count-up timer
- Large, easy-to-read digits and a backlight